SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It refers to the set of techniques aimed at improving the visibility of a site in search engines such as Google, Bing, YouTube, generating increased free organic traffic.
For restaurants, SEO is a mechanism to boost publications and the page itself. Through it, it is possible to achieve a better position in online search engines, get more clicks and give special emphasis to certain posts.
The two basic steps that constitute the most usual way of working to get more views on the Internet, are through keywords and links.
- Keywords: are used to make a site easily found in search results.
- Links: are necessary to increase the access to the website between social networks with just one click, because the ideal is to direct the consumer directly to the main page of the establishment.
The growth of internet access has made the virtual environment an indispensable element in much of business. That’s why it is essential to be informed and use the SEO techniques on your restaurant’s website.
Below we list some key elements that can not be missing in the virtual environment of your business.
- Basic information: telephone number, address of the establishment, menu with updated prices and updated photos of the place, transmitting more security and reliability to the consumer.
- Comments from the public: reviews are understood as true. This means that a client cares as much about the image of the establishment as an employee.
- Intuitive navigation: making virtual access easier, one of the most important elements for SEO in a restaurant’s website refers to usability.
- Options for smartphones: factor that makes it essential to produce a special version of your website. Accessibility by cell phones counts a lot in the ranking scale in search engines.
- Fast loading sites: the current customer intends to finish their orders quickly and a site that takes time to load will only make the public search for other options.
- Maps: a link with a map is essential to improve the customer experience, who can get the coordinates of their address quickly, without having to resort to a secondary page.
- Correct marking: ensure that each section of the website has a title, a subtitle and a description with keywords.
Search engines are the most frequent traffic source for any portal, so it is essential to be well positioned on the results page.
Your customers will access a website when they are searching for subjects of interest at the moment. Having the site at the top of the search engine results page can be a decisive factor.
How to stand out?
It is common to search for addresses, phone numbers and delivery options over the Internet, when it comes to restaurants being at the top of the search engines is essential.
Rankings: position that something occupies on a scale that highlights its relevance in relation to others. From a data cross, search engines increasingly sort pages and display them where they will make more sense to users.
PageRank: system used by Google to evaluate the importance that a site has for it or for the internet. Google also prioritizes three factors in general – the amount of links that the page receives, their quality and the context in which they are inserted.
TrustRank: how Google evaluates if the site is authentic or not. When Google trusts, it gives priority in rankings.
Increase traffic: if the site is very presentable, with attractive and relevant content, Google will certainly indicate to users who are searching for related content. When the indication happens, the right people will be directed to the page, because there is interest in what you have to offer.
Generation of leads: a large part of the access to a site comes from search engines. This means that a good positioning on these platforms will attract a good amount of potential leads, that is, a business opportunity that must be captured and cultivated to give effective returns.
Sales increase: following the steps in SEO, you will automatically get a return, sales will start to show progress.
Strengthening the reputation of the brand: the pages highlighted in search engines did not appear by accident. Google understands very well that, to classify the content, several factors must be considered. Therefore, it is certain that it will thoroughly evaluate all this content before taking the site to the top.
SEO beyond Google
It is necessary to further enhance the results, expand this strategy also to other search engines such as YouTube, Bing and even applications.
Google Bots are the robots of Google, which have the purpose of checking new content on the web for storage or recent updates. It is a computer program developed by Google to crawl the public pages of the entire web.
Just like Google, YouTube is also a search engine of great prominence, with a differential for being in video format.
Bing is also a search engine, it can be a profitable strategy for your business, because the competition is considerably less.
To be successful in accessing virtual pages, it is necessary to keep them always updated. The main mistake in the management of these pages, concerns the forgetfulness, making them only an accessory.
The SEO aims to help improve the efficiency of online dissemination and the advantages of appearing at the top of the search engines. The Internet is huge and hosts the most diverse proposals, knowing how to succeed and if it stands out will make all the difference.
Searching for keywords before writing a text and optimizing the basics, such as title tags, the use of keywords and adjusting the description, are important steps to highlight the publication.